1.On November 12, Tencent released its 2020 Q3 financial report. Financial report data show that in the third quarter, Tencent’s total revenue was 125.447 billion yuan ($18.421 billion), a year-on-year increase of 29% and a month-on-month increase of 9%.
About its game business, according to financial reports, Tencent’s online game revenue increased by 45% to RMB 41.422 billion, accounting for 33% of total revenue, which was basically the same as in the second quarter.
2.Mattel and NetEase joint venture Mattel163 Grew Fast，achieving 600% revenue growth in two years
The milestone and further stats were disclosed by Mattel163 CEO Amy Huang during her talk at PGC Digital on ‘How Mattel163 Grew Phase 10 Mobile Game by 7000 per cent’.
Founded in 2018, Mattel163 was created by the US toymaker and Chinese developer to utilise popular IP for mobile experiences. The studio has developed two games in two years: both new iterations of the popular card games UNO and Phase 10.
3. The next-gen consoles Xbox Series X and PS5 were officially on sale this week. The Xbox executive said that even if the Xbox Series X sells more than the PS5, Microsoft will not care.
The original words are “The number of players is more important.” Interestingly, the official Xbox Twitter account also @PS when the PS5 was officially released yesterday to express celebration.
4. Unity announced its first financial report after IPO.
According to financial report data, Unity’s revenue this quarter was US$201 million, an increase of 53% year-on-year, and a net loss of approximately US$144 million, which was an increase from the loss of US$45 million in the same period last year.
According to Unity estimates, the company’s full-year revenue will be between US$752 million and US$756 million, Q4 revenue and Q3 are basically the same, and the fourth quarter will continue to lose revenue. As of now, the estimated number is approximately $13.7 billion.
5. ELEX issued an announcement stating that according to the company’s business development needs and changes in the international situation, the company plans to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary in France, E-star Technology Limited. ELEX intended to contribute 5,000 euros in cash , 100% hold by the company’s Hong Kong wholly-owned grandson company Venus Play Technology Limited.
6. According to techcrunch, PUBG Corporation is planning to develop a new game called “PUBG Mobile India” to return to the Indian market. PUBG parent company KRAFTON stated that the team will plan to establish a localized subsidiary in India and initially plan to hire more than 100 employees. At the same time, it invested 100 million US dollars to support the development of the local game and e-sports industry.
7. Nintendo confirmed that the company’s Switch and Switch Lite consoles have sold more than 735,000 units in the US market in October, a 136% increase year-on-year, second only to the historical record of 807,000 units in October 2008.
Recently BloomGameR also learned from Nintendo that in the global sales distribution of NS, North America ranked first with 39%, followed by 35% in the Asian market, of which Japan accounted for 24%, and China and other regions accounted for 11%. The European market accounts for 26%.
8. Today App Annie released the Top10 overseas game(revenues) in the Japanese market in Q3 2020, nine of which are Chinese games. NetEase’s “Knife Out” topped the revenue list with its outstanding performance in the Japanese market. In the Top 10, except for the #2 “Pokémon Go”, the rest are all from China.
9. The latest data from the Sensor Tower store intelligence shows the TOP30 Chinese mobile games in overseas market revenue and downloads in October 2020.
The revenue of Genshin Impact of MiHoYo from overseas App Store and Google Play is estimated to be over 160 million USD, which broke the record for Chinese mobile games.